Thursday, September 7, 2023

My New Job as Class Coordinator of A.B. Davis Class of 1958

 It's been a short year and a half since I assumed the position of Class Coordinator for the Class of 1958 at A. B. Davis and what an eventful tumultuous--yet satisfying-- year it has been. 

First my deepest thanks, though posthumously, to my much revered predecessor Kathy Delaney, without whose dedication-- spanning a period of over 55 years-- my task would be impossible. She did an  an admirable job of "keeping tabs" on some 460 of us and keeping accurate records, spread sheets, etc. She is pictured below on the right, followed by myself, Ina Geduldig Becker,  Jesse Shereff  at our first annual reunion in June 2013 at the Davenport Country Club in New Rochelle. Sadly, Kathy passed away in 2017. Here  is a tribute to her.  Jesse passed away in 2021. 


I also wish to thank Rich Barnett, Class of '59 for all the work he and his team of class coordinators have done since graduation: Charlie Siegel '59, Fred Diringer '59,  Mary Ann Bartolini, '59 , Al  Demaio '61, Michael Ganz '55, Mary Ann Bartolini '59, Lowell Willinger '60, Robert Scott '57. Del Shilkret '57, Ronnie Grosch,'63, Joel Kurtzberg '64.   

    I feel suited for the tasks ahead as my supportive role at the Hi-News as shutterbug inspired me to pursue a number of careers in advertising space sales and publishing Brooklyn's Community Magazine. My website also includes 500 plus articles that I have posted on  California and Oregon living, aviation, tennis, the arts, ethics, book and movie reviews, celebrations  of National Poetry Month and podcasts that I have and still to continue to lead at my "Literature at Lunch" series as well as Poetry Podcasts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment